top of page
Vintage Postcards of Bayside, New York
© Bayside Historical Society
Bayside Fire Department
Bayside's volunteer fire department, known as The Enterprise Hook and Ladder Company No. 1, incorporated on December 20, 1890. By 1902 a Certificate of Incorporation was issued to the Bayside Fire Company and the two organizations consolidated into the Bayside Fire Department. In order to accommodate their growing organization, this fire house was built in 1912-1913 and dedicated on Fireman's Day, September 1, 1913. It was located near the public library on Elsie Place (41st Avenue) and First Street (214th Place).
After the City of New York took over fire protection services for Bayside in 1924 the building was used by the local Democratic party and later the 111th Police Precinct.
The site is now part of a municipal parking lot.
bottom of page